Monday, July 11, 2011

Kitchen Before

I can't believe what a bad blogger I've been. I'm hoping to get back to posting regularly. Here are some shots of the kitchen in our new house. This is the horrible before shots of course. The after pics are to come soon. The renovation on the kitchen is complete, we just have to paint and move everything back in to the room, hang up pictures etc.





These show the original butler's pantry which we decided to leave alone. It is exactly how it was when the house was built in 1933. We are going to make this our food pantry, and kind of utility sink/area.

The next picture is the left side of the main wall, which leads from the pantry, the next is the center wall with two windows, and the last is the right side of the kitchen. The kitchen is pretty big but the other facing wall that is not shown in the pictures is along the main walkthrough, and holds the basement door, so it was not a usable space.

The new kitchen still kept everything open so it looks way bigger than I thought. Hope to get the After pics up soon.

4 comments:

à la parisienne said...

Yes, it has been a while since you blogged! I love your vintage kitchen sink. Are you keeping it?

Looking forward to seeing the after photos.

Take care,
Mandy

LuLu Kellogg said...

SO great to see you posting Chris! I can't wait to see your after photos!

LuLu~*xoxo

YONKS said...

Oh, I do hope you keep that wonderful sink!
Dianne :-)
YONKS UK

onlinephduk said...

Wow! It is interesting to see the layout of the kitchens in 1930’s. I can imagine that you guys will be making a lot of renovations to the space. I can’t wait to see the follow up pictures.


Please Visit my website : Professional Doctorate